Friday 11 August 2017

Super Scientists

We have been doing lots of wonderful experiments in our studio.  We have learnt how to make a prediction and an observation.  We looked at some mentos and some diet coke and we wondered what would happen when we put the mentos in the coke.

Here are some of our Predictions:
I guess that the mentos will help the coke explode like a volcano - Carter
I think the coke is going to turn white - Xavier
I think the mentos are going to bounce up and down - Eva
I think the mentos will jump up and down in excitement like flipout.  I wonder if they will stop bouncing like the currents in the bottle - Hannah
I think it will turn to ice - Jason
I think it will change colour.  I think it's going to change to blue - Leafaye
I think that in the coke the mentos will float - Caitlin
I think that it is going to explode - Mikayla


We did the experiment and these were our observations:
I saw the coke fly up into the air.  It was amazing - Eva
I saw the coke in the bottle explode - Emily
I saw the coke shoot out like a volcanic eruption - Mariel
I saw the coke flying up in the sky - Wade
I saw the coke go whoosh up high - Lucas
I saw the diet coke go up into the sky. It was as thick as the tube.  It went back onto the table.  Then the mentos were smaller than the ones in the packet. - Lexie
I saw the coke to up higher than the playground - Rebecca
I saw the coke exploding up and up and up and them it went down - Imogen




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to get comments about our work so please leave a comment and remember to tell us who you are e.g. Duncan's Dad, Lauren's Nana etc.